Sunday, December 27, 2009

Asher -- HOME

ASHER IS HOME!!
I spent Shabbat in the hospital with Asher. Mostly slept in the chair, but at 2 in the morning I crawled into a corner in his bed and slept a little while. Shabbat morning, Asher was much better. He ate g'fish (thanks Sharon and Stuart), and a little challah. The residents came by, his surgeon came by, his GI doctor came by. And they told us that at 530 he could go home. We had a quiet day. Asher walked around the hospital, tried steps (no problem) and got the IV taken out. He cant lift anything, so I packed up the car, he got wheeled down and I drove him home.
He cant eat sugar, it creates a syndrome called "dumping" . Jonathan made banana oatmeal cookies and I made banana bread (theme here?) Raphi and Susan came to visit - we had home made hot chocolate (not Asher).
AND, best news, we both pretty much slept through the night.
We thank everyone for their prayers. And visitors are welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment